Village of Kensington Pool: 2017 Season
|Park and Pool Co-Commissioners|
Pool Operating Hours for 2017
The regular hours of operation:
Monday and Friday 11:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
The pool will stay open until 8:00 p.m. if the outdoor temperature is 90 degrees or above by midday. Because of shorter daylight hours, after August 24th, this rule will no longer apply.
The last day of the pool season is Sunday, September 10, 2017 and will be open from 1:00 pm to 6:00 pm.
RULES FOR ACCESS TO KENSINGTON POOL
1. KENSINGTON RESIDENTS ONLY: Are required to have a Park District Card together with either a valid driver’s license evidencing their Kensington address or a record of legal residency in Kensington (Copy of Deed or Lease). At first visit a Kensington “K” sticker will be placed on the Park District Card eliminating the need to show the driver’s license or proof of residency more than one time. Residents will be required to have their Park District Card for admission to the pool.
2. GUESTS OF A KENSINGTON RESIDENT (DAILY): On Mondays and Thursdays a Resident may bring with them a maximum of three (3) FREE guests per resident family member. On all other days a Resident may bring with them guests on a PAY basis. Books of 10 Guest Passes may be purchased for the sum of eighty dollars ($80.00). These may be purchased at the Pool front desk. In the alternative Single Day guest memberships may be purchased at the Pool(front gate) at the cost on Weekdays of $10.00 for adults age 17 and over and $6.00 for children under 17. On weekends the cost will be $15.00 per adult and $10.00 for children under 17. NO GUEST SHALL BE ALLOWED ADMISSION WITHOUT THE SPONSORING KENSINGTON RESIDENT IN ATTENDANCE AT THE POOL FOR THE DURATION OF THE GUEST VISIT.
3. IMMEDIATE FAMILY MEMBERS OF A KENSINGTON RESIDENT WHO RESIDE OUTSIDE OF KENSINGTON (SEASONAL): Special Seasonal Passes for Parents/Children/Siblings of a Kensington Resident who do not themselves reside full time in Kensington may be purchased (in lieu of daily guest passes). Such passes will be available at the rate of Two Hundred dollars ($200) per adult for the season and One Hundred Dollars ($100) perchild under the age of 17. Applications for these passes are available at Village Hall.
4. NON-KENSINGTON RESIDENTS (SEASONAL): A Kensington Resident may elect to sponsor one family of non-Kensington Residents for Pool Membership on a first come first served basis up to a maximum of twenty such families per pool season. The cost for this membership is Five Hundred Dollars ($500) per adult and Two Hundred Fifty Dollars($250) per child under the age of 17. An additional “Spousal Weekend Only” pass can be added for a cost of Two Hundred Fifty Dollars($250) provided that a single adult membership has already been purchased. The maximum total charge per family shall be Eighteen Hundred Dollars ($1800). Applications can be obtained at Village Hall.
5. LIVE-IN NANNY/AIDE: A live in Nanny or Aide will be entitled to access to the pool when accompanied by the Resident(s) by whom they are employed upon advance submission to the Pool Commissioner of a letter verifying their employment. A special pass will be created in such event.
6. ALL CHILDREN 12 AND UNDER MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY A PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN AT ALL TIMES WHEN VISITING THE POOL. THIS POLICY SHALL BE STRICTLY ENFORCED.
For more information please contact the Pool & Parks Commissioner, Philip Bornstein.