Village of Kensington Pool: 2013 Season
Pool Operating Hours for 2013
Opening Date: Saturday May 25(weather permitting: please call pool area before arrival)
Special Pre-Season Hours of Operation
The Pool will be open the weekends of May 25th, June 1 and June 8 from 1:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
It will be open on school half-days June 5, June 14, June 20 from 1:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
The pool will open for both weekdays and weekends beginning on Saturday, June 22, 2013.
The regular hours of operation:
Monday and Friday 11:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday 12:00 noon to 8:00 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday 11:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- After Monday, August 19th, the hours are 12:00 noon to 7:00 p.m. every day.
- The Pool and Park area will close promptly at the specified hours.
- Only the use of our locker and bathroom facilities will remain open for an additional 15 minutes.
The pool will stay open until 8:00 p.m. if the outdoor temperature is 90 degrees or above by midday. Because of shorter daylight hours, after August 10th this rule will no longer apply.
The last day of the pool season is Sunday, September 8, 2012.
- Passes will be issued at the Kensington Pool.
- A family card must be filled out by all new residents listing all household members and accompanied by TWO PHOTOS OF ALL CHILDREN 1 – 16 YEARS OF AGE. Above age 16 years a Park District Card is required. Households of six or more members must be accompanied by Birth Certificates for all children above
four (4) years of age.
- Pool pass eligibility for Residents: Adults: must be accompanied by a Park District Card valid through September 2013, and one of the following: (a) a valid driver's license with the Kensington address; (b) record of legal ownership or co-ownership of Kensington property.
- Guest Policies: Mondays and Thursdays guests are free, up to a maximum of three (3) guests per resident family. For other days, a 10-Guest-pass Card will be issued together with the validated pool pass at the time of registration of an adult household member. Extra 10-Guest-pass Cards can be purchased upon presentation of a valid Pool Pass for the 2012 season. The purchase price is eighty dollars ($80.00). RESIDENTS MUST ACCOMPANY THEIR GUESTS AT ALL TIMES.
It is the responsibility of the resident to make sure that their guests are familiar with the rules and regulations of the Kensington pool.
THERE WILL BE NO GUESTS ALLOWED ADMISSION WITHOUT THE SPONSORING
KENSINGTON RESIDENT. IN ADDITION, YOU CANNOT LEAVE A GUEST ALONE AT THE POOL FOR MORE THAN ½ HOUR, OR ELSE YOUR GUEST WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE.
- Special Season Passes for Parents or Children of a Kensington Resident: Proof of
sponsorship by a Kensington resident must be provided. The resident must accompany the family member applying for a Special Season Pass in order to apply for a Season Pass. Two photos are necessary for every adult and child (all ages) applying for a pass. Passes will be available at a rate of two hundred dollars ($200.00) per adult and one hundred dollars ($100.00) per child up to age 16 (proof of age is required for children).
- Kensington Residents will be permitted to sponsor one family of non-Kensington Residents on a first-come,first-serve basis,offering them access to our pool with certain restrictions such as no guest passes. Note: up to a maximum of twenty families can be sponsored during the pool season. The cost for this non-resident membership is $400.00 per adult and $250.00 per child. In addition, on weekends,there will be a spousal pass in the amount of $250.00. The spousal pass enables the legal spouse of a non-resident pool member to use pool facilities on Saturday’s and Sunday’s during the pool season. The maximum charge per family is $1,500.00. Applications can be picked up at the village hall.
- Guest fees:
Weekdays – Adults (persons 16 years and over) $10.00
Children over 12 years $ 6.00
Weekends – Adults $15.00
Children $ 8.00
- Non-resident household help: proof of employment in the form of a written letter by a Kensington Resident verifying their employment must be kept on file at the pool front desk. The employee must accompany the household help for the first time to obtain the season pass. A photo of the household help will be taken at the pool,
which will be necessary for the pass.
- Because of problems with pool passes in previous seasons, we will be strictly enforcing the issuance of pool passes at the specified times.
- While in the Snack Bar area, you are required to clean up your trash after eating.
- No eating or drinking is allowed on the pool deck. Any food and drinks will be confiscated.
- Special rules apply to scheduled birthday and other kinds of parties. For those events only, food and paper goods/party supplies may be brought in by the resident. The resident may also make arrangements with the Food Director to have the party catered and supplied by the Snack Bar.
There are additional fees for private parties at the Pool.
A fee schedule is available from Stu Raphael upon request.
For more information please contact the Pool & Parks Commissioner, Philip Bornstein.
**EMAIL DISCLAIMER: Contacting village officals using the above email addresses will not be recognized as offical method if contacting the village. Please make all offical inquiries personally at the Village Hall or via phone during normal business hours.**
Download 2013 Pool Rules as a Word document